Darjeeling Trip - Spring 2018
WORKING ITINERARY - SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON LOCAL CONDITIONS.
- Day 1: Kolkata to Darjeeling town; 2 hour flight into the foothills followed by 4 hour drive through the bamboo forests and tea gardens
- Day 2: Darjeeling town: Taste teas in legendary tea houses and explore the surprisingly walkable mountain town
- Day 3: Visit one of Darjeeling's leading gardens during production of the 1st Flush
- Day 4: Visit another of Darjeeling's prominent gardens for a counter-point to styles of production
- Day 5: A deep dive into a special Darjeeling garden working to innovate on production practices
- Day 6: Homestay at the Makaibari Estate
- Day 7: Makaibari to Kolkata
Please note that while traveling in India, we're almost guaranteed to experience unforeseen event that will change our itinerary. Flexibility and patience are your best friends!
Meet Your Guides
Raj has been traveling throughout India for the last decade and organizing trips for the last two years. He's thrilled to offer others the chance to experience the rural lifestyle that inspires Young Mountain Tea's work. In particular, street-side samosas with scorching hot gingery chai.
Ingrid joined Young Mountain Tea fresh off of several seasons of farming where she wanted to bridge the gap between grower and consumer. Taking that opportunity to tea, Ingrid loves bringing people to origin to experience firsthand the realities of agriculture. In addition, she revels in throwing herself into new cultures. Her specialties include snacks, sing-a-longs, and morning runs.