We are Young Mountain Tea, a mission-driven importer of organic specialty teas from India and Nepal. The Operations Specialist will play a crucial role in working with our Operation Manager to run our company’s local operations based out of Springfield, Oregon. The position has significant growth opportunities.
- Production (packaging tea)
- Order fulfillment (shipping orders, order creation)
- Inventory support (monthly counts, finished good totals, receiving)
As a small and growing business, our needs are always changing. We need someone able to adapt quickly to evolving situations and eager to grow with us.
- Experience with spreadsheets (Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel), preferably specific to inventory management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to lift up to 75 lb for short periods of time
- Not required but desirable: Previous experience working with food safety or in a food production facility
- Detail oriented and efficient
- Organized, tidy, and reliable
- Able to thrive with minimal guidance
- Optimistic team player that enjoys contributing to small-team dynamics
$14/hour with increase to $15/hr after 90 day performance review. The position will start at 30 hours/week. Benefits include a retirement savings program, paid-time off, a flexible schedule, and all the tea you can drink!
If interested in applying for this position, please email the following to Raj Vable at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume (no more than 1 page)
- Cover Letter explaining how this position will help you in your career (no more than 1 page)
- 3 references including names, your relationship to them, email addresses and phone numbers. Please let them know they might be contacted!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5pm Pacific on Thursday, February 25th. Our goal is for the Operations Specialist to begin the week of April 5th or shortly thereafter.